Soft Tissue Grafting
Soft tissue grafting helps to combat gum recession. When the roots of the teeth are exposed, intake of hot and cold foods can be painful. A main objective of soft tissue grafting is to either cover the exposed root or to thicken the existing gum tissue in order to avoid further tissue loss.
Soft-tissue grafts in the mouth are important to maintain oral health. Some of the benefits associated with soft tissue grafting are:
- Prevent further gum recession.
- Halt tissue and bone loss by covering the exposed root.
- Stop sensitivity in the affected area.
- Improve the look of the tooth.
- Increase comfort while eating or drinking hot or cold foods.
- Prevent exposed roots from further complications.